Sunday, February 1, 2009

comparative geographies/magnetic winds


Its sunday, the snow is melting, the wind drags me down the street, and I have wet socks. Why this reminds me of home and simpler times I dont know.

  1. Birdmonster - All The Holes In The Wall
  2. The Sleepy Jackson - Miniskirt
  3. The Moondoggies - Long Time Coming
  4. Blitzen Trapper - Furr
  5. Great Lake Swimmers - Your Rocky Spine
  6. Entire Cities - Talkers
  7. Damien Jurado - Texas To Ohio
  8. Magnolia Electric Co. - The Dark Dont Hide It
  9. Motel Motel - Coffee
  10. Shearwater - Red Sea, Black Sea (alternative take)
  11. Okkervil River - For Real
  12. Songs: Ohia - Farwell Transmission
  13. Bonnie "Prince" Billy/Matthew Sweeney - My Home Is The Sea
  14. Vetiver - You May Be Blue

hxxps://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBTcXlxeFhCSnJIRGc9PQ
(change xx to tt)
















Also, I normally despise collage art as it seems to be the medium every sub-par pseudo artist seems to work in, but the work of Julien Pacaud continues to blow me away. So go have a look.


images: http://institutdrahomira.com/julienpacaud/

2 comments:

  1. You have been finding some really good art to accompany your posts. Also, this reminds me of the second year in Montreal: your sharing of music that kept me going. Needed again, appreciated again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well im glad someone appreciates the music and as for the art, why yes jess, i spend hours everyday looking at art blogs so i might as well share the fruits of my procrastination...

    ReplyDelete